About The Job
The Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) Engineer will manage the planning, visualization, and computer modelling of building projects. They will work closely with Preconstruction & Estimating Teams to create a cohesive construction methodology for every project we tender for.
The VDC Engineer need to have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, along with technical expertise and artistic ability.
In this role you will
- Effectively communicate with Preconstruction, Estimating and Construction teams, and others as applicable and necessary.
- Effectively utilize a suite of AEC software, including 3D Modelling and Postproduction software to produce construction models, sequences, renders and animations.
- Collaborate with project teams to analyse constructability, build construction sequence animations, and help to create 4D/5D and 6D models for a wide variety of projects across the UK & Ireland.
- Provide timely services that meet the needs of clients and the overall project schedule requirements.
Apply if you have
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or similar.
- Interest in or up to 3 years of experience providing implementation and support in BIM and VDC.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge of primary building systems – foundations, primary building structure and walls, mechanical, electrical and plumbing, fire protection, specialty systems, conveying systems and interior finishes, and the sequence of assembly of each.
- Ability to independently generate 3D models from 2D drawings.
- A knack for managing multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization, time management, and problem-solving skills.
Even better if you have
- A background working for a main contractor, especially in a VDC capacity.
- Ability to create and manage complex commercial and industrial design projects within Revit, SketchUp, Navisworks, BIM360, AutoCAD, and other supporting programs.
- Familiarity with managing BIM and VDC across the project lifecycle.
- A track record of effectively working with and/or managing teams remotely.
- Aptitude for working effectively in an extremely fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
- Proactive and flexible attitude, willingness to take an “all hands on deck” approach.
Essential Software skills required
- General Computing Skills
- Advanced Revit or similar
- Adobe Suite (incl. lnDesign, Premier Pro, Photoshop)
- Enscape Rendering Engine or similar
Additional Software skills preferred
- Coding / Dynamo
- Unreal Engine 5
- Autodesk AEC Suite
- 3ds Max
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, you can send your CV by selecting ‘Apply Now’ or you are welcome to contact us directly.